Wednesday, April 20, 2016

Stallholder profile Modern Mumsy

Todays stallholder profile belongs to Modern Mumsy
Your name:
Michelle Parsons
Your Business name: www.modernmumsy.com.au


The suburb/town you live:
Canungra

What is it that you make  and what skills do you use? 
I make mummy and baby accessories - I design and sew taggie comforters, chewy bibs, bandana bibs, burp cloths, dummy saver straps. I also make beaded sensory necklaces, bracelets, and chew toys for adults, children and babies.

What inspired you to start your business? 
My little girl Ruby. Soon after I had her, I found myself searching for cute handmade accessories but found it hard to find the perfect pieces, so I started designing and creating them.
 I found it so refreshing to be creating again, rather than working 40-50 hours per week in the corporate world, I had never made time to be creative and do something I love. It's like I have balance in my life again, and it's such a good feeling.


How long have you been‘creating’? 
3 years

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
Part-time business - I have a 7 month old boy and a 3 year old girl, so they keep me on my toes the rest of the time!

Where do you sell your creations?
I have a website, facebook page and instagram to showcase my pieces online. I also sell at local markets and events - currently The Handmade Expo Ipswich &
 Mount Tamborine Markets.

What makes what you do special or different? 
I create unique, functional and affordable pieces, so you can be sure you're purchasing something special for you or someone you love.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
Meeting other mums, dads, nannas and grandads, aunts and uncles, babies and kids! I love learning about other people's journey into parenthood.

What is your favourite product that you make? 
Taggie comforters with saver strap - one side has cute printed cotton fabric for your baby to see, the other side has minky fabric for snuggling, the tags stimulate your babies sense of touch and help develop their fine motor skills, and the strap is for convenience - you can attach a teething toy, dummy or you can attach it to the seatbelt of a pram or car seat (no more dropping on the floor!). A perfect gift for the mum and baby that has everything.

Do you teach classes or workshops? 
No, but maybe one day I will 

No comments: