Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Stallholder profile Wyn Trost

Todays stallholder profile is of Wyn Trost who will be selling vintage china at our market on 29th November in Toowoomba


Your name: WYN TROST

The suburb/town you live in now: 
HELIDON QLD

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I SELL COLLECTABLE CHINA-ROYAL ALBERT, CARLTON WARE ETC as well as vintage kitchen items (old hand mincers, rotary beaters,).

What inspired you to start your business? 
I started my accounting business 2 yrs ago and was "STIFFED" some large fees and a friend suggested I sell some surplus china etc to make money and I loved doing it so much I've just continued. Still building my accountaing/tax agent business up also.


How long have you been ‘creating’? 
Approx 18 months

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
Part time

Where do you sell your creations? 
  Handmade Expo starting in November, Antiques & Collectable Fairs and Facebook.

What makes what you do special or different? 
I actually am interested in older china and wares-brings back memories especially the kitchenalia I sell ("my grandma used to have one of those"- is the usual thing I'm told.)


What is the most rewarding part of what you do? 
When someone finds a piece they've been looking for and I can sell them the piece they are missing or have been searching for a long time.And I love that I can give people the ability to remember their early years and what they used as well. I usually say to them that's 50c for memories-they laugh.

What is your favourite product that you make?
Favourite product I sell is Royal Albert Old Country Roses trios (cup, saucer and plate).

No comments: