Thursday, May 21, 2015

Stallholder Profile Dee Bees Embroidery and Craft Delights

Our new stallholder profile is  Dee from Dee Bees Embroidery and Craft delights

Your name:  
Dee Bryant

Your Business :  
DeeBee's Embroidery & Craft Delights - 

The suburb/town you live:  
Mt Gravatt

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?  
Embroidered Towels, hand towels, baby wraps, tea towels, Hanging towels for the Kitchen/Bathroom, Mug Mats, Bibs created by my daughter in law - Grubbiez - https://www.facebook.com/grubbiezclothing).  Love to create designs which suit the client, Personalised Christmas Stockings


What inspired you to start your business?  
Have always sewn but bought an embroidery machine after a bad week at work.  Changed my machine at a Craft Market and decided it would be my retirement toy.  Made Christmas Stockings and personalised towels for my nieces and nephews and people said I should take my business to the markets - so that is what I have done.


How long have you been ‘creating’?  
My mother gave me a pattern when I turned 13 and said 'Now it's your turn' so I have been sewing ever since.  When I was a stay-at-home Mum many years ago I made toys for my children and family rather than buy them.  Didn't have time to do this when I went back to work and really missed creating.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business? 
I guess it is a hobby/business.  Word of mouth and my Facebook page has increased the awareness of what I do

Where do you sell your creations?  
 Handmade Expo (Morayfield); Fig Tree Pocket Farmer's Market 

What makes what you do special or different?  
Am open to suggestions which is why I changed to hanging towels for the kitchen/bathroom.  Someone suggested that I needed to do towels for the bathroom.  I love to add things to my collections - Bunny Bags,  Personalised Christmas Stockings, etc

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?  
I love to see the look on people's faces as they peruse my products.  I love to hear comments about prices.  I love people to come back and buy more products.  I have one lady who bought products at Rocklea, messaged my page and now is a regular customer at Fig Tree Pocket Markets.

What is your favourite product that you make?  
I like them all but I guess I like to create designs for personalised towels and/or products.

No comments: