Monday, March 30, 2015

Stallholder profile Jennifer Arthur Ceramics Cairns

Stallholder Profile today is Jennifer Arthur from 
Jennifer Arthur Ceramics.
Name:Jennifer Arthur

Business name:Jennifer Arthur Ceramics  http://facebook.com/jennifer.arthur.ceramics

The suburb/town :Kewarra Beach, Cairns

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I make pottery. I have my own wheel and small kiln. I make all my own work, including the glazes that I use on my pots.

What inspired you to start your business?
This is more of a passion. Not a business. I like to see people want my work enough to take it with them.


How long have you been creating?
I have been creating one way or another since I was small. My background is advertising. I am also a Botanical artist.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
Hobby

Where do you sell your creations? 
At local markets in Cairns, including The Handmade Expo and exhibitions throughout Australia

What makes what you so special or different?
My work is unique in that no two pieces are the same. I'm constantly experimenting with form and glazes. I often combine my ability to draw and paint into the pieces.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
Having someone love my work so much that they want to take it home with them.

What is your favourite product that you make?
My Salties. These are double walled pieces that stop the humidity from getting to the salt and clogging up.


Do you teach classes or workshops?
No, not at this time. I have taught Botanical drawing at Port Douglas in past years.

No comments: