Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Stallholder profile Kotton Valley Dolls

Today we are showcasing Kaye from Kotton Valley Dolls
https://www.facebook.com/Raggedydreaming?ref=hl



Name: Kaye Schlenert

Business name: Kotton Valley Dolls

The suburb/town:Silkstone Ipswich

What is it that you make and what skills do you use?
I create Original OOAK fantasy mixed media sculpted art dolls. My skills used are drawing, painting, sculpting sewing, embroidery,woodwork carving and wig making.

What inspired you to start your business? 
I have always made dolls and have always loved the realm of the fae and decided to turn my love into a business when my children were still at home and I was looking for an "occupation"

How long have you been ‘creating’? 
I have been creating all my life. since I was a small child when my Mother taught me to sew and I could pick up a pencil and draw designs for my dolls clothing.

Is it a full time/ part time/hobby or business?
I basically create all the time in between family commitments.

Where do you sell your creations? 
I sell online at www.catchacreation.com.au/kottonvalleydolls, thru my facebook page https://www.facebook.com/Raggedydreaming?ref=hl and at the Ipswich Handmade Expo. I'm currently setting up a store at www.Hand-Made.com

What makes what you do special or different? 
My dolls are OOAK original designs sculpted from scratch without molds, all clothing is custom made to fit the doll without patterns. They are mainly fantasy characters like fairies witches elves and pixies and also caricatures or look a likes.

What is the most rewarding part of what you do?
I find great joy in turning a heap of fabrics and clay into a little fantasy character just from an idea I have in my mind and knowing that I created it. I also love seeing the relations I get from people when they see my creations.

What is your favourite product that you make?
I would have to say that my favourites are the Faeries but I do love every character I make.

Do you teach classes or workshops?

That is something I am thinking about in the future, as I feel that everyone should have the opportunity to learn something new and there is not much available in the way of doll making classes in the Ipswich area

No comments: